The incubator at a glance.
Who it is for?
Anyone who designs/delivers leadership development programs (acceptance criteria required). People who wish to grow their leaders in a scalable and effective way.
- 6 week program
- 8 hrs live virtual workshops
- 5 hrs self-paced learning
- 2 day in-person workshop
- Networking dinner
Within the design community of practitioners, get a taste for Vertical Development with assessments, heat experiences, colliding perspectives, reflection and experimentation.
Build simple prototypes for how your organization might offer Vertical Development at scale. From these you will be able to select, build and offer the best of what you learn.
What you’ll get from the experience.
Learn what Vertical Development is and why it is crucial for developing leaders
Learn how other innovative companies are developing their leaders
Create a new, cutting-edge leadership development program for your organization
Add new tools, assessments, and methods to your leadership development toolkit
Receive your Vertical Mindset Indicator (VMI) results, with your current stage of development
See how others use technology and ‘leaders developing leaders’ to scale development
Help your leaders discover new approaches for dealing with the complexity of work and life
Sr. Manager, Global Leadership Development, The Boeing Company
“I had read a little bit about vertical development and was anxious to learn more at the Incubator. What made the experience incredible was that Carl and Nick integrated the concepts into the program itself. There are heat generators, colliding perspectives, and reflection moments that help you not only learn, but experience what Vertical Development is all about.”
Dorothy E. Siminovitch, PhD., MCC
Founder and Director of Training, Gestalt Center for Coaching
“I recommend this Vertical Incubator program strongly for its excellent facilitation & learning design, and the beautiful interplay of exercises that participants can “take” in their hip pocket. As a gestalt coach and director of coach training, this Incubator experience gives more dimension to accessing levels of mindset and coaching for range and possibility. I cannot recommend this program strongly enough.”
Founder, Spark Executive
“Overall, the design of the program was genius. Made great use of time. Tons of learning in the small hours spent on “classroom” time – the zoom sessions flew by. Deep connections with other participants. Loved meeting everyone in person and having time to work on our actual projects and get feedback. Loved access to Nick, Jan and Carl.”
The incubator journey.
ADEPTION DIGITAL WORKOUTS
- Discover the core principles and research behind vertical development
- Experience the Vertical Mindset Indicator assessment
- Learn and explore different ways to design and introduce vertical development
- Interactively experience different vertical development tools and techniques
- Hear how other organizations have implemented vertical development
- Top up on the learning and principles behind vertical development
ADEPTION DIGITAL WORKOUTS
- Explore and start to design your vertical development program
- Continue with a design thinking process to ideate, narrow and build a series of prototypes for how your organization could implement vertical development at scale.
- Facilitated small group sessions – feedback and coaching on your prototypes
- Discover more shared experiences from other organizations
- Plan, testing and validation
- Optional 1:1 coaching is available on request
How vertical development helps leaders.
- Think more systemically
- See the long-term possibilities
- Embrace challenges from multiple perspectives
- Lead as interdependent collaborators
They demonstrate range and skill that enables them to toggle between what’s on the horizon, what it takes to get there, how best to engage others in the journey, and how to thrive in it all.
The Vertical Mindset Indicator (VMI).
The VMI assessment is based on the well-respected Washington University Sentence Stem Completion test (WUSSC), research done with Harvard University, and 1O,OOO+ assessments from leaders across nationalities and industries.
The VMI builds on the work of Susanne Cook-Greuter, a world authority on leadership maturity. Her leader maturity profile (MAP) has been validated across many cultures and populations. Since 198O, she has analyzed more than 11,OOO MAP tests in more than 2OO different academic and business contexts. Find out more here.